Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Brandon Vera Confident He's Back In Business


A win over Mike Patt (12-4 MMA, 0-2 UFC) might not earn anyone an immediate title shot, but for the UFC's Brandon Vera (10-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC), his UFC 96 TKO-win over the Ohio native was a step in the right direction.

How Will UFC 96 Win Put Vera Back On The Map

"I found myself," the former heavyweight contender recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio "It wasn't just at 205 (pounds). I found myself as a fighter, as well. "I'm happy with myself and where my mind's at and where we're at as far as my coaching goes and where we're at in my career. I'm super excited to be where I'm at today." "I would say it's a combination of everything (that influenced me to change)," Vera said. "The losses didn't really add up. You're supposed to learn something from your losses, or gain something from it. I didn't. I always had something to fall back on, whether it was a broken hand, or the referee stopped the fight early, or I cut weight too hard. On His Loss To The Dean Of Mean Keith Jardine

"The Jardine fight was the fight that I actually started thinking about what I'm doing as a fighter. I started training different for Jardine, but maybe it was a little bit too little, too late. I might have started training like a real fighter maybe too late to be able to beat Jardine at that point in my career."

Read more here at fightscoops.com

No comments: