Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The world's strongest family is Filipino-American - Maricelle Garcia Mendelson



-By Steve Angeles, ABS-CBN North America Bureau

Chatsworth, Calif.–With several international and American bench press records and championships, the powerlifting community considers them the world’s strongest family.

Its matriarch is Filipina Maricelle Garcia Mendelson.

The 38-year-old Mendelson started her sports career as a fighter. She started lifting weights and by benching over 400 pounds she has won three world championships.

“I did it for stress release and I wanted it to help me focus and through it, I decided, I didn’t realize how strong I was I always knew I was strong. I always knew I was strong as a kid but as I did it I realized I’m really close to taking all the records,” recalled the mother of three.

Read the full story here at Balitang America........

No comments: